My Life

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thursday November 10, 2005

Today we have to blog about Powerpoint. Info from http://search.epnet.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rch&an=6FP1191730069

-Powerpoint presentations make people bored and confused when they are not used right.
-microsoft made first version of powerpoint 16 years ago
-since then 400 million copies have been used in the world
-3M has banned powerpoint from it's office
-alot of complaints say that presenters just read slides, the text is too small, and ppl cant use colours properly

HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO HAVE A GOOD PRESENTATION

-get to knoe technology so you can hook things right
-kno wat ur talkin about and practise what u say
-bullet points make it worse caus they dont link to anything
-learn to use media
-good speakers will sound good even if their backround is white
-kno what info works on a slide
-if its complicated give it to them on paper afterwise
-add an audio file to it, or supportin adobe acrobat documents if you know how to use them
- use the B key which will black out the screen during a presentation

I think that this article is good but I can't really tell If it's true because I have not used much powerpoint except to help my brother with putting a picture in. To me it seemed like all presentations were cool but now that I'M older I can see the point and true meaning of this article.


"PowerPoint doesn't kill presentations: people kill presentations. Do yourself a favour. "
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home